Thursday, October 8, 2009

1349 - Revelations of The Black Flame

It took me 10 seconds to know what to expect from this album sound wise. I always find it hilarious when a black metal band attempts doing some kind of a "dark ambient intro", not only it shows their lack of imagination but also demonstrates a serious lack of talent when it comes to non traditional approach to sound.

So what's the fuss all about? Tom G. Warrior?
I'd take the sound of any band's rehearsal at any time over the production of this album; over-clipping, over sound boosting and a sloppy way of sound capturing. The overall sound could have worked OK if the entire album was much slower, however the presence of the blast beats make it one big pile of annoying sounds.

I wonder what saddens me the most, how the entire album sound came to be or how "Set The Controls for The Heart of The Sun" was mixed.

Hard to find any more words to describe what a mess this album's production is. I strongly advice the guys finding a sound wizard for their upcoming effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment